Disabling your laptop’s speaker is a very easy job. You even don’t need to tear down the laptop to disable the speaker. Windows 10 provides you with many ways to disable the speaker.
As we all know having a speaker in Laptop’s is how much important for us. But sometimes, a sound which comes from the laptop speakers is irritated and annoying. That time we just think to turn off the speaker.
There are three ways to enable or disable the speaker on a laptop running Windows 10.
- Disable the laptop speaker via sound properties.
- Disable laptop speakers via Device Manager.
Method-1: Disable Laptop Speaker via Sound Properties
- First, right-click on the Volume icon appears on the Start menu.
- Then, click on the Sounds option to open the sound dialog window.
- Next, in the Playback button, right click on the speaker and then click on the Properties option.
- In the General tab, an option which says Device usage appears on your screen.
- Then, scroll down the list and choose ‘Don’t use this device option’ to disable the speaker.
- Lastly, click on the Apply button.
Note: To again enable the speaker, go to the Playback tab, then, right click on the speaker option and then click on the Enable option.
Method-2: Disable Laptop Speaker via Device Manager
- Right click on the start button on the taskbar.
- Then, click on the Device Manager option to open the Device Manager window.
- Increase Sound, Video and Game Controllers tree only to check your video driver’s entry.
- Then, right click on the audio driver entry.
- Next, click on the Disable device option.
- Now, a confirmation dialog box will appear on your screen, click on the Yes button.
If your speaker didn’t turn off immediately, then we suggest you restart your system.
Jack Tucker is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry from last 10 year. As a technical expert, he has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup.