If anyone has an iPhone, they always use it to take some amazing photos by their iPhone. While for this you always have to take your phone with you. For taking amazing pictures you always need to know that your camera is reliable or not. However, at times iPhones camera doesn’t work as good as it is by their name, which can either be software or hardware related issues which can be occurred due to many other reasons.
Normally, the issue which is often complaining by the iPhone users to the Apple Forum is:
- Sometimes, the back camera shows nothing but only a black screen.
- The camera app seems to be very frozen or laggy.
- Some camera options such as HDR, Camera roll, Flash are always missing from the app.
- Camera Flash doesn’t sync with the shots.
- Switching between front and rear cameras freeze the app.
Even it doesn’t matter which iPhone model you use or buy, this camera related issue might be found in any of the iPhone models. If you face one of the problems above, then you don’t need to worry about this. We provide you the best and simple steps by which you can solve the issue related to your camera, and very soon you are again able to make videos, edit them. The steps are discussed below:
Steps to Fix iPhone Camera Not Working Problem
If your camera app regularly freezes or if you saw any black screen during the time you uses the camera, then follow the below-given steps in ascending order.
Camera Freezes or Shows Black Screen
Step-1 Place the Issue
If you have found any issue with your iPhone app, the very first thing you need to do is check the issue that whether it is some hardware or software problem.
You need to check once by starting your Facetime, or any other video chatting app and then after do a Video call to any of your friend.
Then, check both the iPhone cameras such as back and front, if they both are working during the time of video call, then you can be happy, as it’s a software issue which can be easily fixed. If in case, you continually see a black screen, then we suggest you don’t waste your time, and immediately contact the Apple support center.
Step -2 Force the Camera App to Close
If your iPhone screen shows any closed lens or might be any black image, then you need first to close your Camera app. For this:
- Click on the Home button twice quickly.
- Now, a small preview of the recently used app will appear on your iPhone screen.
- Search for the Camera app and then swipe up to close it.
Step-3 Reset your iPhone
The easiest way to fix the iPhone camera issue is to reset your iPhone to the default settings for this you need to follow few simple steps:
- Go to the settings option.
- Then, click on the General
- Subsequently, click on the Reset option.
- Lastly, tap Reset All Settings option.
Congratulations, it will now turn your iPhone to the default fabric settings. Now, start using the camera app and checked it once whether the camera app is working or not by using this solution. If the problem is solved, then you are very lucky, but if you are still facing the problem then go the next given steps.
Step-4 Restart your iPhone
- To restart your iPhone, you need to follow the below given procedure:
- Tap on the Home button and Power/sleep button simultaneously.
- Then wait for the Apple logo to appear on the iPhone screen.
- Press both the buttons at the same time and your iPhone will automatically restart.
- Hopefully, your data won’t be affected. Carefully check your Camera app after that.
Step-5 Set Up iPhone As New
Here we explain another method by which you can get the solution of your problem. Some users search out that the Camera app issue is generally caused by an old backup they already restored in their iPhone. If you have similar issues, then try to erase all your iPhone and set it up a new one.
But always remember that it will erase all your data from the iPhone which is already stored including songs, videos, contacts, photos, etc. will remove automatically. If you don’t want to erase your data, then the only option is that make a backup to iCloud.
To reboot your iPhone, you need to follow the simple process:
- Click on the settings icon.
- Go to the General option, under settings
- Next, click on the Reset
- Lastly, click on the Erase All Content and Settings option.
Now, the hello screen will appear on your iPhone screen.