YouTube is a fantastic video streaming service that is loaded with movies, clips, songs, etc. It is a wonderful alternative for Spotify to play individual songs, that too for free. Many a time, people want to listen to songs or podcasts in the background. For instance, you wish to listen to an audio lecture while completing your school project on Microsoft Word. Whatever the reason may be, you can play YouTube content in the background of your iOS devices.
Why can’t you play YouTube videos in the background?
In most video streaming applications, whenever you exit the screen or go to the Home screen, the video stops playing. Therefore, in order to listen to the video’s audio, you need always to keep the phone unlocked with the YouTube app open on the screen. At times, users receive a text message while listening to a song, and when they tap on the message from the notification, the songs stop playing. Users have to go back to the YouTube screen to resume the video. This feature takes up a lot of battery.
In order to be able to play YouTube videos as background audio, you need to subscribe to the YouTube Premium service.
Playing Videos in Background with YouTube Premium
The best way to play any YouTube audio in the backdrop on iOS devices is to get a YouTube Premium subscription. When you pay for the Premium service, you will be able to listen to your favorite music on YouTube, while texting your friends, browsing Facebook, etc. Or, you can just play the song video, lock the screen and enjoy the music while traveling to work. You can also download your favorite your favorite videos and play them when the device is offline.
Playing YouTube Video in Background Using Web Browsers
- Just launch any browsing application, such as Opera Mini.
- After that, navigate to the YouTube website.
- Locate the video you wish to play.
- Tap on the video, and it will start to play.
- After that, press the Home button.
- Now, the YouTube video will stop playing.
- You just need to swipe upwards from the bottom segment of the screen.
- In the Control Centre, locate Now playing.
- Hit the Play icon, and you will be able to hear the audio in the background.